At Kona Dermatology, the offices of Dr. Joy McElroy and Brenda Kemp, APRN, we have been keeping up to date on the COVID-19 developments and wanted to let you know what we are doing to keep our patients and staff safe. Our patients are family and your health and safety is our greatest concern. As the CDC updates their guidelines we are adjusting our office policies and procedures to meet the changes.
Our greatest priority is to maintain an environment in our office that is as safe as possible for staff and patients. In addition to our normal cleanliness, we want you to know that we already have in place the following procedures:
- All patients are screened prior to entering our facility. If they have had any contacts or risk factors for Covid-19 they are asked to reschedule until medically safe. This includes any respiratory tract symptoms.
- All patients are required to clean their hands with the sanitizer before entering the facility.
- We are having patients maintain social distancing by staying in their cars and then directly admitted into the examination room without having to wait in the waiting room in order to avoid unnecessary contact with other people.
- Patients who have any illnesses are asked to reschedule as above.
- We are deep cleaning our rooms with Quaternary Ammonia based CDC approved Sterilizing solution which is shown effectiveness against bacteria and viruses including Covid-19.
As public health announcements or CDC, WHO and the Hawaii Health Department changes we will update our procedures to reflect the recommendations. If there are any changes to our service we will notify you as soon as possible.
We want you to know we’re doing everything we can ensure safe environment for you, our patient, as well as staff. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us.